Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 2: Alternate route

Yesterday was not a bad experience, in fact most of it went very well.  The only hiccup I encountered was getting off the last bus one stop too early, and it was so close to the correct stop it was trivial.  The simple truth is that although everything went smoothly, it takes far too long.

So here it is readers, day 2, and I am already taking the alternate route, aka plan B.  Today's route, if all goes well, will "only" take 1 hour and 37 minutes to get -almost- home.  And there is the catch, the magic almost, which equals roughly 3 miles.  Fortunately my wife will be able to pick me up from my end point, but it won't be until 20 minutes after my arrival.

And now here come the cheat - my route for today involves 1 bus, a 1 mile walk, and a $7 Metrolink ticket.  I know, I know, the original plan was to take the bus, not the train.  On the other hand, I will still be on the bus for the longest leg of my Monday/Tuesday route, and I will also be riding the bus on most Wednesdays.  At least that is the plan for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment