Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Omnitrans

Although its not the point of this blog, I would like to use today's post to talk about the specific "brand" of bus service I have been using these past few weeks.  Omnitrans provides bus service to a large portion of San Bernardino county, including the city of San Bernardino itself.  My travels on Omitrans busses have so far been a reasonably pleasant experience.  Unlike the Los Angeles MTA bus that I was a passenger on earlier this year, these busses are quiet, they seem to ride well, they smell okay, and the seats are as comfortable as reason would allow.

However, I do see two possible areas of improvement.  First, it would be great if I didn't need exact change for the bus.  If it is impossible to implement an on-bus change machine, then how about some sort of easily printed credit voucher?  Second, when a free-ride program ends, such as the one from my school that just ended, it would be a nice gesture to post a sign at the bus stop informing people of the change.

My complaints are really quite minor, and all things considered I wish to congratulate Omnitrans on a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment