Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Opportunity knocks twice

When I started using the bus this summer for necessary transportation my attitude was all wrong.  Although I was determined to make the best of it, I felt that it was somehow unfair that it was necessary.  My line of thinking was that I had somehow been wronged, that this was some sort of punishment for a sin uncommitted.  What the hell is wrong with me?

First of all, this "hardship" has caused me to write this blog.  After all, what else should I do with my time while riding the bus?  Perhaps more importantly it is a great opportunity for exercise.  Let me be clear - I could find a way to exercise on my own.  The problem is that there is always a justification for not doing it. This way I don't have a choice - if I want to get home, I must walk the last three miles of my journey.  The only alternative is to wait around for hours to be picked up, and even I am not that lazy.

So there it is - this "burden" that has been placed upon me is the two best opportunities to happen to me all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment